Saturday, July 20, 2013

Oh, The Places We Have Gone (Celebrating our Second Year of Marriage)

Tuesday Nathan and I celebrated our second year of  marriage! We rejoice in the Lord for His goodness in giving us one another as husband and wife, friends,  and partners in the gospel. We spent the day reflecting on the past two years. The pictures below are taken with my gift to Nathan….a new camera. He is the photographer in this family! He, being the most thoughtful gift-giver,
 gave me a “cotton anniversary”…for those who aren’t familiar with the different anniversaries, there is a list of traditional gifts for anniversaries, and the past two years Nathan has creatively given me a fitting gift! He took me to different places in Beer Sheva that somehow corresponded to trips we had taken:
1.     “The Beach of Beer Sheva”: our honeymoon, Ireland, we spent time at the beach.
2.     An old mosque in the Old City: our trip to India
3.     British Cemetery: London
4.     Our home: our move to Israel
5.     A mall in Beer Sheva called “Big”: our trip the Big Apple


At each spot, he asked me what some of my favorite things were about each trip and we enjoyed reflecting on the different places we have been able to see and experience together, and he gave me pictures printed on canvas (close enough to cotton!) for us to hang on our walls. The last gift that night was a cotton map, which had been marked with the different places we have been. I loved my gift, but even more, I loved the time we have been able to spend together making memories and enjoying one another. I have been given a great treasure in my husband, and I am thankful he is the one I am able to share life with. I look forward to the places we will go in the future!

homemade beignets and cappuccinos for breakfast!

Nathan checking out his gift (Canon Rebel)



at the "Beach of Beer Sheva"

my creative husband's wrapping, with a homemade envelope!



my first picture


stud


on the bus to location #2


at the mosque in the Old City





at the British cemetery


we also went to the new Beer Sheva mall



anniversary dinner


at "Big"

my map!




homemade fondue:)


















0 comments:

Post a Comment