Monday, September 8, 2014

Judson: Eight Months!

Well, eight months has come...and gone. Once again, I am late on my post. But hey, at least I'm consistent, right? You can't win 'em all.

I left off my last post mentioning that we were headed to Savannah...we had a lot fun! I even got to hang out with Pops, Mimi, Uncle Matty, Aunt Jenny, and some of Mimi and Pops' friends...all while mom took dad out for his birthday. We had a good time! We mostly just relaxed and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, but we did spend one day in downtown. We left Savannah and went up to Augusta to spend the night with Uncle Matty and Aunt Jenny and see their new house! I'm excited to go back and visit and spend a little more time there:)

The next day we left and headed off to spend our last night in the States in Huntsville. Mimi and Pops came up too and we got to spend the evening with lots of family...it was a good way to end our Summer in the States:) On August 14, we headed back to Israel...mom and dad said I traveled really well...they were pretty thankful! There were only a few times I fussed on the plane, but my charming smile made that a little bit more forgivable to the folks on the plane. We made it back to Be'er Sheva the next evening and I even got to ride back with Aunt Tiff!

Our time back so far as been pretty good. It took some adjusting the first couple weeks, but for the most part we are back in a bit of a groove, and I am sleeping like a champ! Jet lag only lasted 8 days...it was rough, but we survived. I experienced my first Sirens too...I didn't mind all that much, every time we went to the shelter I just made new friends:)

As part of our groove, mom and I are still going up to meet dad for lunch about once a week. It's been pretty cool to see dad in all his doctor stuff!

As far as milestones, I still haven't started crawling on hands and knees yet, but I am getting around just fine with my army crawl. I've also started eating most all the things that Mom and Dad eat at mealtime. My check-up a few weeks ago went well...I took those shots like a champ, and found out I weighed 18.5 pounds. My growth rate has slowed a little, but I'm still pretty husky!












0 comments:

Post a Comment